Terms & Conditions
This website is purely informational and although no e-commerce takes place through this website, the following Terms & Conditions apply both to the website’s information, our brochure and the subsequent ordering process. Please read this document carefully before placing an order.
The website www.fromtheanvil.co.uk is wholly owned by Marches Architectural Hardware Ltd., whose main office is located at 33 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF.
By accessing the website www.fromtheanvil.co.uk and/or placing an order, you agree and consent to the Terms & Conditions listed below.
At From The Anvil, we take your privacy seriously. All your details are stored on a secure server and are not shared with any third parties unless necessary to complete your order. We continue to invest in security measures and do our utmost to protect your privacy.
The prices displayed on our website are in GBP Sterling. Each product displays the inclusive of United Kingdom-rated VAT price, as well as the net price.
As the buyer, you are responsible for the disclosure and payment of any import duties or additional taxes that apply in the country to which your products are delivered.
Prices will remain in effect until we publish new prices on our website, or in our brochure, but all parties will be made aware if changes occur.
Delivery charges may apply and are explained in detail during the order process.
Although we do our best to ensure that all prices on our website are accurate, mistakes may still occur. If we discover an error in the price of a product(s) you’ve ordered, we will contact you as soon as possible and give you the option of either reordering your products at the correct price or cancelling your order.
We reserve the right to change our prices at any time.
Before we can accept your order, we must receive payment for both the price of the products and the delivery charge, unless you already have an active credit account / agreement in place with us. We reserve the right to restrict the quantity of products you may order, and the right to refuse any order.
If payment has been received, cancelling your order may result in a cancellation charge which is calculated at 10% of the cost of your order.
Upon placing an order, we will send out an automatic order confirmation once your order has been processed on our system. You will also receive a subsequent email stating that your order has been dispatched.
If you have not provided us with an email, acceptance of your order takes place upon delivery of the products. A binding contract between ‘From The Anvil’ and the customer is only created once your order has been accepted.
On receipt of delivery of your ‘From The Anvil’ order, you must check each individual package for signs of damage. We endeavour to dispatch all our goods in perfect condition, but occasionally packages can be damaged in transit, in which case we aim to rectify any issues as quickly as possible.
If any of your deliveries arrive damaged or you are unhappy with the condition of your packages, please refuse to accept said parcel(s) and sign the couriers’ form as ‘Damaged on Arrival’. The items will be returned to the sender where they will be checked for damage, and a replacement order will be delivered to you as soon as possible. If the delivery note is signed without stating ‘Damaged on Arrival’ the seller and/or courier cannot be held responsible for damage during transit and no claim can be made.
All returns must abide by the terms and conditions outlined on this page.
Returned goods will only be accepted with a complete and authorised returns note.
All requests for returns must be made in writing via our customer services department, using the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org or via post at From The Anvil Customer Services, 33 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF.
Alternatively, please call our Customer Services Team on 01597 823822.
To issue a return we require the original invoice, dispatch note, or other proof of purchase. Without proof we are unable to issue your request.
Once your request has been submitted, a member of our team will issue you with returns note, which must be included alongside any returned items. ‘From The Anvil’ is unable to accept returned goods without a return note.
Once issued an authorised returns note, you must return your goods within one month with the returns note included in with the returned goods. Returns notes become invalid after one month of the authorisation date.
Please allow 14 days for credit upon return.
All returns must be pre-authorised by our customer services team and only goods in re-saleable condition will be eligible for credit.
Incorrectly supplied goods will be credited in full or replaced with the correct goods.
Goods returned to us within two months of the invoice date will be credited with no restocking fee. Goods returned beyond two months of the invoice date will be credited with the incurrence of a 15% minimum restocking fee.
Goods purchased over six months ago, and any bespoke or special-order items cannot be returned.
Goods damaged in transit must be reported to us within 48 hours of delivery otherwise we will be unable to resolve.
If your products arrive defective or damaged, we will organise a goods collection on your behalf. In all other cases, the buyer is responsible for return shipping and may return the items using the courier of their choice. Please note, collections can only be arranged from the address to which the goods were originally delivered.
All goods are inspected upon return. If the condition of the goods indicates that they have been used or an attempt has been made to install the products, the seller will consider the buyer to be in breach of their legal duty of care and therefore reserves the right to recover appropriate sums from the buyer.
If you decide to cancel your order after we have despatched your order, you must return the delivered goods at your own expense.
After receiving a cancellation notice the seller will refund the full amount of the order including delivery cost, within thirty days. If you are an account holder, a credit will be raised on your account accordingly.
Product Faults & Errors
Where goods are deemed to be faulty, delivered incorrectly, or are unsuitably substituted by the seller, we will meet the costs of return and nominate our own courier. Please note, if the products are deemed ‘not suitable’ for your purpose upon receipt and inspection of the goods, you, the buyer, are under legal obligation to take care of the products and to not use them. The goods must be returned to us in the condition in which they were received, complete with undamaged packaging and relevant paperwork.
We aim to maintain a high level of stock for all our products. If the products you’ve requested are not available, we will notify you where possible and, if we have received payment for the cost of the goods and delivery of the unavailable products, we will refund them to you within thirty days of your order (unless you have agreed to a longer time period).
Limitation of Liability & Disclaimer
Any advice provided on our website or throughout our brochure is intended solely for guidance purposes, and you are responsible for determining whether such advice is appropriate for your circumstances. The information and advice included should not be relied upon as proven facts. No warranty is given for the accuracy of such information. Copyright 2003-2020.
All rights including copyright, trademarks, names, and logos, used in relation to our website or brochure are owned by Marches Architectural Hardware Ltd. Nothing within this agreement grants you any licence or right under any of our trademarks, names, or logos, or those of any third party. We reserve the right to issue legal proceedings against any person or organisation who copies any content including, but not limited to, text, photographs, images, graphics, logos, button icons, and trademarks. The content of this website and any of our printed marketing material is, and remains, the property of Marches Architectural Hardware Ltd.
No liability will be accepted for products that have been engraved or altered by a third party.
If any of these Terms or Conditions are unenforceable, it will not affect the enforceability of the rest of these Terms & Conditions.
Except as outlined in these Terms & Conditions, any variations to the contract will only be binding when agreed in writing and signed by both parties involved.
Third Party Rights
We may transfer our rights under the contract, but otherwise individuals or organisations who are not parties to the contract shall not have any rights under, or in connection with, the contract.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction
Your order and the formation of the contract shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English law.
Complaints and Liability
Please address all comments or complaints to the following address: From The Anvil Customer Services, 33 Ddole Enterprise Park, Llandrindod Wells, Powys LD1 6DF.
If we deliver goods to you which are damaged, defective, or incorrect either in terms of product type or quantity, you must contact us within seven days of delivery. In response, we will replace damaged, defective, or incorrect products, or make good the shortfall in quantity or, at our discretion, credit the price and delivery charges of those products to your account.
If you do not receive your ordered products, you must notify us within twenty-eight days of the date of your order. Under these circumstances, we will deliver the missing products or, at our discretion, credit the price and delivery charges of the non-delivered products to your account.
If we have not accepted your order and have been unable to contact you, we will notify you of the reason for non-acceptance.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions shall be construed to exclude or limit any rights you may have as a consumer to the extent that such liability and rights may not be excluded or limited under applicable statute or law.
Supply Policy & Conditions of Sale
‘From The Anvil’ products are distributed through a strong network of trade and retail outlets across the UK, namely architectural ironmongers, builders’ merchants, and other independent shops. We also sell through online stores both nationally and internationally.
To find a local stockist, visit the ‘How to Buy’ section of our website and input your postcode for a physical store near you. Alternatively, explore our selection of recommended online retailers.
Conditions of Sale
Our Conditions of Sale provide the terms that must be upheld by both parties involved in the transaction.
- Due to their hand-crafted nature, all ‘From The Anvil’ products are unique and are therefore subject to slight variations from the specified size and colour found online and in our brochure.
- All items displayed on the website are offered subject to availability.
- Any prices or quotes obtained verbally are invalid and no responsibility or intent will be accepted. Quotes/prices are only legally binding when a written agreement is signed by both parties.
- Deliveries direct to site will not be processed without a full postcode, contact name, and telephone number. Please note that we do not accept any liability for site deliveries and said deliveries are sent at your own risk.
- Although we strive for outstanding service, our efficient processing of orders means we may be unable to add items to existing orders, and that additional items may be regarded as separate orders and therefore subject to further carriage charges.
- All return requests must be provided in writing and agreed with our customer services team in advance of your return. Products are to be returned at the customers’ own expense and the customer may be charged a restocking fee, depending on the time taken to return the goods. Returned products must be fit for re-sale (i.e., good condition) and must be authorised by us following thorough inspection. If packaging is incomplete or parts missing, no credit will be given. The customer must provide us with the original invoice, dispatch note, or other proof of purchase.
- Claims for shortages, damages, or incorrect products must be made within 7 days of receipt. Beyond this period, we take no responsibility since goods will be deemed satisfactory.
- To the best of our knowledge, all definitions, descriptions, and photographs on our website and within our brochure are correct at the time of production and are updated if information changes. However, we cannot be held legally liable for any inaccuracies in definition or description.
Please note that any information on this website or used throughout our brochure is to be used only as guidance. We do not accept any liability and customers are encouraged to seek additional technical advice.
The images of products on our website or throughout are brochure are purely for illustrative purposes. Although we make every effort to accurately display the colours of our goods, differences in screen-colour, printing colours and the hand-crafted nature of our products means we cannot guarantee that the colour of the image accurately reflects the colour of the goods. Therefore, we advise that you do not use the colour images on this website or throughout our brochure as an indication for colour replication.
- In the event of goods proving faulty by way of manufacture, we will replace the faulty product(s) but in doing so accept no liability, consequential or otherwise.
- ‘From The Anvil’ warrants that our goods are of merchantable quality as defined in the Sale of Goods Act 1979. However, we do not warrant that the goods are fit for any specific purpose and accept no liability for any loss of damaged suffered by the customer resulting from defects in the design, materials, or workmanship of the goods.
- As a customer, you accept responsibility for the appropriate storage, installation, and use of goods, and agree to indemnify ‘From The Anvil’ against any losses, injuries, expenses, or claims or any nature arising from breach of this contract.
- ‘From The Anvil’ is a registered Trademark and may in no way be reproduced, replicated or copied without prior consent or agreement from the management.
- Wherever possible our products have been stamped with an ‘Anvil Authentication Mark’ to show genuine ‘From The Anvil’ products.